This course investigates the underlying principles of biology. Topics throughout the year cover the study of living things, the physical and chemical basis of life, basic activities of living things, how plants and animals maintain themselves, the ways that organisms transmit traits from generation to generation, evolultion and the diversity of living forms of plants and animals in the environment, ecological relationships with plants and animals in their environment with a special emphaiss on man. Laboratory work is an essential component of this course. This class follows the core curriculum learning standards.
- Intro to Biology
- Taxonomy and Evolution
- Cells and Cellular Processes
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
3-Ring binder and dividers, pen and pencil, assignment organizer and a simple calculator.
1. Be on time to class. No excuses, no exceptions. Three latenesses will equal a detention.
2. Be sensitive to the feeling and dignity of others. Respect should be shown in all communication.
3. All students must enter the classroom with a positive attitude.
4. Safe behavior is required. This is especially important while doing labs.
5. No cell phones or iPods in class. If I see them, they will be taken away.
6. Homework is assigned every night. It is extremely important to keep up on your homework. Stay on top of your work! Late homework will be severely marked down.
7. If you have been absent, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to find out what homework is due. (Ask your classmate). You will be given one day grace for each excused absence.
8. Academic dishonesty will not be tolerated. If you copy your assignment answers from someone else both you and the person you copied from will receive a zero. There will be some exceptions made for lab partners.
9. I suggest that you save all graded work (especially the labs which are required by the state to be kept on file.) This work is useful for study as well as evidence of earned grades.
I am available for extra help in room 211 from 2:20 - 2:45 pm or by appointment.
Tests and Quizzes: 65%
My phone number at school is 256-4175 x 61814. My e-mail address is email@example.com. Please don’t hesitate to contact me. Class notes and review sheets can be found on my website: cathylaw.com.